Steps to improve IT workforce productivity include:
Develop a strong team orientation - Effective teams and the effective planning and execution provide the structure necessary to get the best from all team members. Well written job descriptions are a first step in that process.
Align roles and performance objectives - Change causes by today's business environment causes misalignments of roles and focus of a significant number of the workforce. Job descriptions that are results and metric driven are an essential tool in the management process.
Set performance goals and manage workforce with that as the focus - A majority of the workforce performs better if they have specific goals they must achieve. Good job description include measurable goals.
Evaluate workforce based on defined objectives and goals - Review job performance based on job content and metrics to see how they can be modified to improved organizational productivity and minimize organizational dysfunction.
IT Best Practices News and Information
~~~BeginItemsRecord~~~ ~~~SortByPubDate~~~more info
~~~ItemTitle~~~~~~ItemDescription~~~ - more info~~~EndItemsRecord~~~
Disaster Recovery Digest
February 20th, 2014
Disaster Recovery Digest
- Google data center security & disaster recovery This is a great video on physical security as well as the the software security. This is a great primer which all CIOs and Data...
- 10 best practices for cloud disaster recovery Cloud Disaster Recovery 10 Best Practices Creating out a complete cloud disaster recovery infrastructure can be cost prohibitive for many organizations. Ten best practices are:...
- Will your disaster recovery provider be in business when you need them? Disaster Recovery plans that depend on outsourcers face significant additional risk What if your were in Florida and the Hurricane season was in full swing...
- Options for a data center disaster recovery strategy Data Center disaster recovery strategy options A critical component of a disaster recovery business continuity is the data center disaster recovery strategy Hot...
- Infrastructure Key to Data Center Management and Disaster Recovery Infrastructure is key to data center management Data Center Management Issues Your data centers are stuck in a rut. While 90 per cent have...
Physical and digital security are the focus of CSOs
February 12th, 2014
The migration of physical security technology to a network platform has made it easier and more convenient for the CSO and their organizations to integrate the various modalities of physical security into a unified configuration to better safeguard their employees, visitors, premises and material/intellectual property.
Open architecture further enables central control of the various security systems on a single platform, providing higher levels of operational efficiency across the enterprise as well as improved standardization of policies and procedures.more info